WHAT IS ELSEWHERE 3D?
Elsewhere 3D is an app with custom frames that makes any video or screen 3D.
AR MODE lets you see through your phone's camera. The world becomes extra-dimensional: screens, mirrors, and screens within screens gain depth.
The CAMERA ROLL lets you watch any video in your camera roll in immersive 3D.
You can RECORD to capture the world as you see it, not just as two-dimensional video.
Anything on a screen.
- Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, Amazon Instant, HBO Go, Google Play
- Computer animation (Pixar to GIFs)
- Hand-drawn cartoons (like classic Disney movies)
- FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangouts
- Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook Live, Periscope
- Music videos, festivals, concert visuals
- Nature documentaries
- Historical footage
- Video games
And also these:
- Mirrors, water, and other reflective surfaces
- Screens within screens within screens
- These Elsewhere playlists
WHAT CAN YOU MAKE IMMERSIVE 3D?
Anything saved to your camera roll.
- Videos recorded on the spot
- Videos you've recorded in the past
- Videos sent by friends
- Videos you've downloaded from the Internet
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU POINT IT AT THE REAL WORLD?
It looks more 3D than usual—as if it had too much volume and wants to burst. Objects look crisper, clearer, more detailed, and somehow closer to you.
Surfaces that are inherently flat can have depth.
ISN'T THE REAL WORLD ALREADY IN 3D?
Yes. Now imagine turning it up and down like the brightness of a display.
HOW DOES ELSEWHERE'S DEPTH TECH WORK?
Elsewhere uses a new model of human perception to convert motion directly into depth.
Instead of attempting to reconstruct a 3D model after the fact—which fails for everyday stuff like smoke, liquids, mirrors, screens, and GIFs—Elsewhere shows two videos (one for each eye) packed with depth information derived from the video itself.
When you put the frames on your phone and look through, your brain combines these images and perceives real-world depth.
Processing takes less than 2ms per frame on a 6s Plus—way below the threshold of human perception—and works on any moving image, from iPhone footage, hand-drawn animation, to screens within screens within screens.
WHAT DOES ELSEWHERE
A pair of black frames, the Elsewhere 3D app, and a QR code to unlock the app—in a
special gift box.
WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT
They are durable, attractive, and optimized for clarity.
- Fits securely with and without a phone case
- Rubber grips protect against scratches
- Adjustable lens position to match your ocular distance
- All black with no markings or branding
- Durable to carry in pockets and throw in backpacks
- Works with iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus
Elsewhere 3D app and frames works with iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, with iOS 9 and higher.
Not yet available on Android.
We will happily send you another pair of frames if it arrives defective. Please contact us at email@example.com
Our boxes are assembled by nice people at California Autism Foundation.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns or exchanges for the app.